Monday, May 4, 2009

Best Fictinoal Presidents

I know it has been awhile since my last post. It has been a busy few weeks at my pizza shop. I have a few minutes so I am going to try and through something together here
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I was watching Independence Day last night and began to think how much I love the movie. It has many great elements. One major part I loved was Bill Pullman' perfomance as President Whitmore. He played the role really well and had one of the best pep talk speechs prior to the final attack in movie history...... (you all know the line).
This made me think of who else has played the role of a president and done it well.
A few that come to mind....
First President David Palmer played by Dennis Haysbert. In the first few seasons of 24 President Palmer played such a major role and commanded the screen so well I have to say he is my favorite fictional president of all time. Id even vote for him today even thought he doesnt exsist.
President Robert Fowler played by James Cromwell. Sum of all Fears is a good movie and Cromwell is an excellent actor. He plays the role well but also has played a president in many other roles... He makes the list just on acting skills and abilty alone.
Obviously Bill Pullman from Independence Day.
President James Marshell played by Harrison Ford in Air Force One. The commander in Chief never kicked ass so much.
Darrell Hammond played Bill Clinton on SNL many many times and although it is not a fictinoal president he did it so well it almost single handedly brought me back to watching SNL after stopping for many years because of what I thought was a decline in humor.
I have to stop there but anyone with other suggestions please give them. The presidential role is important to any movie or TV show no matter how minor of a role in the movie they have.

2 comments:

  1. Haysbert is a great actor, as you say because of his presence. He's perfect in his role in The Unit. And don't forget he was Pedro Cerrano in Major League.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about how great The Unit is. I even like his insurance commercials....

    ReplyDelete